The four-year old Pre-K program is a comprehensive full day program offered to qualifying families. Parents are responsible for their children arriving and being picked up promptly. The school times are 7:45-2:35. In the afternoons, the Early Childhood Centers dismiss 30 minutes earlier than the other schools to accommodate the families who pick up at other campuses.
Requirements for Free Pre-K:
- Children must be age 4 on or before September 1 for Pre-K
- Speak a language other than English
- Have an identified handicapping condition; or
- Be the child of a person on active military duty; or
- Be identified as homeless; or
- Be in foster care
The four-year-old bi-lingual program is a full day program. Students who do not comprehend or speak any English may qualify for the bi-lingual Pre-K or Kindergarten program. Please bring your child with you to registration for bilingual testing.
A tuition based Pre-K program is also available for those who do not qualify to attend free. The fee is $2900. Parents pay a $50 deposit and choose one of three payment options: ten payments of $285 per month, two payments of $1,425, or one payment of $2,850.
Full day pre-K classes are offered at Carver and Crockett Early Childhood Centers for students who meet the listed qualifications.
The following documents are required to register your child:
- Birth certificate- original copy
- Immunization record (up to date)
- Social Security card- original copy
- Proof of Residence (utility bill)
- Proof of income (most recent 4 pay stubs or tax return) Pre-K & Head Start ONLY
Children who already meet the enrollment requirements for the current school year are encouraged to enroll now.
For more information on pre-kindergarten, please contact the campus principal at Carver ECC or Crockett ECC.
Head Start classes are also available for qualifying students. Head Start classes are located at the Carver Early Childhood Center, 600 E. Martin Luther King Blvd. For more information on Head Start, call 972-872-3743.